Monday, August 12, 2019

New School Year, New Habits

I've been trying to get myself and my son into greatly limiting the sugar in our diet and eating/drinking more healthy. We're doing pretty good and discovering new foods and recipes in the process! I'm enjoying cooking even more, and it's not boring having the same 10-15 meals twice a month:) Now, we are trying all kinds of new foods and dishes like Kale, Asparagus, Cauliflower, Salmon, and dishes like Cauliflower Pizza, Curry Coconut Chicken Meatballs, and Catalan Chicken with green romesco and spanish green beans. Now I'm taking a step even further and trying one of these weekly meal planner companies that you get to choose what recipes you want for the week and they send you the ingredients and the recipes to make it yourself! It's organic and about what I would spend each week for the grocery budget anyway. I'm getting my first shipment this Monday. We'll see how it goes:) . Quote of the day: "When you start measuring somebody, measure him right. Make sure you done take into account what hills and valleys he come through before you got to wherever he is." Lorraine Hansberry, A Raisin in the Sun. Scripture of the day: "My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you."John 15:12

No comments:

Post a Comment