Sunday, July 21, 2019

Survive and then thrive

Summer school is almost over and then the staff and I will be going to our old, temporary site to pack up and then move to the new permanent site (which the other teachers and I have only seen from the outside!) and start getting ready for the new school year to begin! I have been going back and forth with the idea of moving closer to work and into a better neighborhood while I await a future job transfer sometime this coming year, but all I've been going through this past year with my body (a mild stroke, brain surgery, critical car accident and a mild heart attack-now breast cancer), has given me thought to why should I deal with all that stress? I am just going to stay put. The neighborhood isn't that bad, the house I'm renting isn't the best but I can work with it, I think I'll just stay here, fix up what I can on the inside and in the backyard, and save my money for when I move, hopefully next summer. It will be a couple of hours away and closer to my daughter, her family, and my mom. It will be a better move and I'll be in better shape. For now, I'll try to take it easy and try to stress less. In a few months, I turn 60 and I want to live another 40 years or so, God willing. Until then, my quote: "Remember when pies were set out on the windowsill to cool, not to thaw?" Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment