Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Cooking healthy and lovin'it!

So my son and I have been trying to eat more healthy and have been starting to ease ourselves into the Cruise Control Diet which allows us to eat a lot of great cool foods along with some of the ones we like and don't really want to give up! I'm a chocoholic and don't want to give it up but for the first month, starting June 1st, I'm going to go organic chocolate, or at least only eat the dark chocolate that is at least 85% or more cocoa. I am able to have 3 squares of chocolate for dessert up to 3 times a week during the first month, then I'll be able to have some of the delicious desserts on the diet like chocolate mug cake, cookies, and some of the other great-sounding foods. We can eat things, which we've already tried, like cashew chicken, enchiladas, expresso-rubbed steak, and lemon chicken kale salad. They were great! The book has over 50 recipes to choose from and gives a guide as to when to eat and what foods will help boost your metabolism. I'm also participating in the suggested intermittent fasting for 12-16 hrs. a day. It works for my schedule so I fast from 9pm-10,11,12,or 1 and then I can eat certain foods to snack on during the fasting time and start having my meals after my fast. I am also an avid tea drinker and am able to drink as much herbal tea as I want anytime. I use organic honey or Stevia to sweeten my tea and then I'm good. We'll see in a month how this goes. I'll let everyone know weekly how it's looking! My quote for the day: "The most rewarding things you can do in life are often the ones that look like they cannot be done." Golfer, Arnold Palmer

No comments:

Post a Comment