Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Busy Lives

Well, it's of course been longer than I expected since my last post. School is getting busier as we wrap up the end of the year, testing, meetings, and I was at the coast with middle-schoolers for Outdoor science Camp at Camp Keep: a wonderful environmental education camp for kids that our charter school, Learn 4 Life pays for and buses the kids there for a week. I just got back this past weekend, in time to enjoy Cinco de Mayo with some of my family and friends, and then start back to school. We only have 5 weeks of school left, prom is this week, graduation for high school is in 2 weeks, and then 8th grade graduation, and then school is out and we teachers take a one-week break before coming back to prepare for summer school! The publishing company I spoke about in my last post had a lot of bad reviews and wanted me to pay a lot of money for their services, which I found out through my investigative research, and also heard that they do not provide all the services they had told me I would get. Authors said they had a hard time getting the royalties they were promised, if they got any at all, and so I decided I wasn't going to take that chance. I'll continue working on my writing projects for Outskirts Press, Hallmark, and any others I may get. I heard something the other day that goes along with the quote I am going to add to today's post. A woman said go out into the world and be intentionally kind, not randomly. I thought about that and found this quote: "Allow me to be a blessing to you and allow yourself to be a blessing to others." The author is cancer survivor John Coonley. I couldn't have said it better myself:)

No comments:

Post a Comment